|THE CITY HALL|
building, adjoining the castle was erected between 1769 and 1779 and was formerly the Royal Exchange. Designed by Thomas
Cooley(the architect of the Four Courts), it is
a square building in Corinthian style, with three fronts of Portland stone.
The interior is designed as a circle within a square. Fluted columns support a dome-shaped roof over the central hall, which has a number of statues.
In the Muniment Room can be seen the documentary records of the Corporation and the mace and sword of the city.